Lost and found pets
Unfortunately our furbabies can go missing from time to time. Here are a few tips to help in the event of this happening:
IF YOU HAVE LOST YOUR PET
- Social media has become one of the fastest ways to track down a lost pet. List your pet on our NP Vet Group Lost and Found Pet page here.
- Lost Pet Finders
- Call New Plymouth Vet Group on (06) 758 4006 to alert us. Providing us with a good description and include details such as their microchip number, collar, and tag if they have wear one. Also, the area you are located and a contact phone number.
- If you are missing your dog you can call the New Plymouth District Council on (06) 759 6060 and register your dog as lost.
- Contact the local SPCA on (06) 7582053
- It is also a great idea to list your pet on www.petsonthenet.co.nz which is a great lost and found website within New Zealand.
- Trade Me is another tool you can utilise – click here.
IF YOU HAVE FOUND SOMEONE ELSE’S PET
- You can bring any animal into the New Plymouth Vet Group so we can check for a microchip identification, and let us know you have found a pet.
- Posting the found pet to our NP Vet Group Lost and Found Pet page here.
- Call the local council on (06) 759 6060 to advise them you have found a dog. They may be able to track down the owner if the dog is wearing a registration tag.